Dummy profile
Dino Puller
2012-05-02 10:53:27 UTC
Hello,
is there a way to create a dummy icc profile with device class SCNR
and color space RGB and Profile Connection Space Lab or XYZ?

tnx,
Dino Puller
Graeme Gill
2012-05-02 23:56:34 UTC
is there a way to create a dummy icc profile with device class SCNR and color space RGB and
Profile Connection Space Lab or XYZ?
Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by "dummy" profile, but you could create a synthetic
input profile by modifying an input .ti3 (DEVICE_CLASS "INPUT") by hand/spreadsheet
and then simply use colprof on it.

Graeme Gill.
Dino Puller
2012-05-03 09:48:33 UTC
Post by Graeme Gill
is there a way to create a dummy icc profile with device class SCNR and color space RGB and
Profile Connection Space Lab or XYZ?
Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by "dummy" profile, but you could create a synthetic
input profile by modifying an input .ti3 (DEVICE_CLASS "INPUT") by hand/spreadsheet
and then simply use colprof on it.
I need to create an identity profile, so if it's applied to my image it
will not alter it.
Where can i find an input .ti3 file?
Post by Graeme Gill
Graeme Gill.
tnx,
Dino Puller
Graeme Gill
2012-05-03 11:00:03 UTC
I need to create an identity profile, so if it's applied to my image it will not alter it.
Where can i find an input .ti3 file?
There's no such thing as an identity device profile, since the colorspaces
will be of different types (device <-> PCS).

Graeme Gill.
Dino Puller
2012-05-03 13:12:13 UTC
Post by Graeme Gill
I need to create an identity profile, so if it's applied to my image it will not alter it.
Where can i find an input .ti3 file?
There's no such thing as an identity device profile, since the colorspaces
will be of different types (device<-> PCS).
Sorry but color profiles are not clearly to me.
For my application i need to include an input color profile and i can't
change this specify. So what type of profile should i include? And how
can i generate it?

tnx,
Dion Puller
Graeme Gill
2012-05-03 14:50:54 UTC
For my application i need to include an input color profile and i can't change this specify. So
what type of profile should i include? And how can i generate it?
It comes down to what you are trying to achieve. Under normal circumstances
you would provide a device profile that matches your device. This could
either be one supplied with your device, or one you create.

For an input device, you would need a test chart. See
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html#PS1>

But it would help to know what the profile is used for.

* Is it used to tag the resulting device colorspace image file ?
* Is it used to produce an image file in a CIE colorspace ?
* Is it used to produce an image file in a standard device
colorspace such as sRGB ? (In this case there will be two
device profiles involved).

Graeme Gill.